1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Travel to Spain, Poland, Germany, The Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, France, and Scotland.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm pretty sure I stopped doing New Year's resolutions. I was traveling through Rajasthan at this point last year, and reading John Green's books. Not much resolutioning was had. And as for next year, uh... pass the bar? Write more? Read more, for sure. (That one's a perpetual one)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. Not for a lack of nagging on my part.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
The United Kingdom (England and Scotland), Germany, Austria, Spain, Poland, The Netherlands, Belgium and France.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A healthier lifestyle. Better self-motivation techniques.
7. What date(s) from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 21-December 21, 2012. My study abroad trip, because it was everything I wanted it to be.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Studying abroad. Getting a job offer for after graduation!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not writing more. Not working out more. I feel like as years go, this one was less fail-y than most.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I probably had a cold or something during the first half of the year. That sounds like something I would do.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iphone 5. Unless I bought my IMAC this year, because in that case definitely that. God my memory is falling apart.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends. They were awesome. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The GOP's. The Indian Political state and the awful awful situation surrounding this gang rape.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Travel. MONEY WELL SPENT. Oh and rent in London. Not so much.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to see riddled and skycornerless in New York. Going to study abroad. OKTOBERFEST!
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Ein Prosit, the Oktoberfest drinking song. The Sound of Music soundtrack, because of the tour I took in Salzburg.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier? Yes. Definitely.
ii. thinner or fatter? I actually have no idea how much I weighed last year, but I feel like I've stayed more or less the same. BLEH.
iii. richer or poorer? Temporarily richer, because of the summer job. Then I spent all that money in Europe, so it's back in the red with me.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Traveling. I'm greedy like that. And as I said before, writing and reading. Working out.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
"Procrastinating. Always and forever." That was my answer in 2010, and it's still true. Being less apathetic.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Done. It was at home with my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
22. How many one-night stands?
LOL. My game was non-existant until I went to Europe. Once there, I was more of a catch and release girl (hostels, etc)
23. What was your favorite TV program?
I still watch a lot of TV, y'all. Out of the stuff I got into in 2012, I'm going to have to go with Elementary for Drama and Go On for comedy. Everything is I've been watching since before this year, so it can't qualify.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think I know how to hate specific people that I know.
25. What was the best book you read?
I just finished The Gunslinger.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Of Monsters and Men, if that was this year. The Civil Wars.
27. What did you want and get?
A new phone. To go abroad for a semester.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I can't pick a favorite, but I loved The Avengers, Cabin in the Woods, The Dark Knight Rises, and Les Mis. The Hobbit will have to wait until next year, as will Life of Pi and Zero Dark Thirty.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my actual birthday, I took a final, studied, and went to a pub. I turned 25. Before my birthday I went to dinner at Union Jack's (a Jamie Oliver restaurant in London) with some friends. I also treated myself to the Harry Potter Studio as a birthday trip/gift.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
"That's a strong adjective, yo. That's a hard thing to guess." <-- My answer in 2010. Immeasurably is still a stupid adjective. Not going through a minor bout of depression would have been nice, as would have more traveling. ALL THE TRAVELING!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
I can't imagine I strayed far from Jeans and t shirts in the Spring. Summer was a lot of work clothes and suits. Winter was all about skinny jeans/sweaters/boots and A-line dresses with tights. Thanks, London.
32. What kept you sane?
Angela, and my boys (Joel, Alex, Coop) IRL. Julie and Jeannie online.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
"Matt fucking Bomer. Specifically in suits. Sometimes, people can just be too attractive to function." That was 2010. I AM GLAD TO SEE SOME THINGS DON'T CHANGE. Channing Tatum was pretty fine in Magic Mike too.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Everything surrounding the election. Social rights the most.
35. Who did you miss?
My family and friends while I was in London.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a lot of people while traveling, but I'm pretty sure that's not what we're talking about here. As for people I talk to more than just for a few hours, it's a tie between Rou and Tabs.
37. A valuable lesson you learned in 2012?
Travel more. Always.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Solely because I've spent months on end overdosing on Les Mis feels:
Will you join in our crusade?/Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade/is there a world you long to see?
Do you hear the people sing?/Say, do you hear the distant drums?
It is the future that they bring when tomorrow comes!